PA-CAT® Special Accommodations Procedures
Special accommodations must be requested through the channels outlined below and must be approved by Exam Master before registering for the PA-CAT exam with the Prometric Testing Center.
Do not schedule your exam date and time with Prometric until your accommodation request has been officially approved by Exam Master.
Steps for Special Accommodations
- Click here to register for the PA-CAT Exam.
- On the registration form, select the checkbox labeled “Special accommodations enabled”.
- Purchase the PA-CAT eligibility from within your Candidate Portal. We will NOT review any Special Accommodations requests without an existing PA-CAT purchase.
- Do NOT schedule your exam appointment until your accommodations have been approved.
- Complete the Special Accommodations Request Form. All application materials must be in English.
- Upload the completed form here. File Name must be your name.
- You may submit additional academic and medical documentation that establishes a history of special accommodations in a standardized testing environment.
- Your Special Accommodations Advocate will be in touch with you if additional documentation is needed.
- After you have received official approval from PA-CAT, you may proceed to schedule your exam with Prometric.
For all additional questions, email email@example.com.
Review Process and Timeline
Your application and all supporting documentation will be reviewed within 10 business days of your completed registration.
If your application is determined to be incomplete, it will be denied. To ensure that your application meets the requirements, carefully review the application requirements outlined below. Once a determination has been made, we will notify you by email.
After your application for special accommodations has been approved and after you have received your eligibility number, you may proceed to schedule your PA-CAT exam with Prometric.
Your package must include the following documentation:
- A completed, signed, and legible Accommodation Request and HIPAA Consent Form
- A Licensed Professional Assessment Form completed only by an appropriately licensed professional (for example, a general practitioner is not appropriate to diagnose a mental disorder)
A Comprehensive Evaluation includes:
- An identification of the diagnosis and the impairment(s)
- A description of the functional limitation resulting from the impairment(s) as it applies to taking standardized multiple-choice and writing tests
- A rational for each recommended accommodation that describes how the accommodation addresses the limitation(s)
The official assessment of the impairment may not be older than 2 years at the date of submission. The Licensed Professional Assessment Form must be current at the date of submission. Your provider must be an independent entity and may not be a family member.
- Additional documentation. You may submit additional academic and medical documentation that establishes a history of special accommodations in a standardized testing environment. Additional documentation can include a signed school Individual Education Plan or official documents outlining accommodations received in educational institutions and standardized tests.
All documentation must be uploaded in one package with your PA-CAT registration.
Your privacy is important to us. All documentation submitted in support of your request is confidential and will not be released to any third party, unless compelled by legal process.
Schedule your Exam
Do not schedule your exam date and time with Prometric until your accommodation request has been officially approved. Special accommodations cannot be added to an already scheduled exam.
After your request has been approved by the Exam Master review team, you may schedule your PA-CAT test with Prometric.
If you decide to retake the PA-CAT exam at any point, a new special accommodations request must be submitted.
If your request for accommodations is denied or modified and you wish to appeal this decision, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appeal. Your appeal must be received within 10 business days of the official Notice of Denial or Modification.
Within 30 days of Exam Master’s receipt of your notice of appeal, Exam Master’s Special Accommodation Coordinator, general counsel, and any experts that Exam Master may deem appropriate and necessary will review your appeal. You will be notified by email of the decision.