PA-CAT® Fee Assistance
The cost of the PA-CAT exam is $228. If you are approved to received fee assistance, you will receive a coupon code that will cover $50 of the total exam cost. You are responsible for submitting payment for the remaining $178 via credit card.
- Your fee assistance coupon must be redeemed within 30 days (including weekends and holidays) after you have been approved or you will forfeit Fee Assistance status. Extensions will not be granted.
- Candidate is responsible for payment of balance ($178) within 30 days (including weekends and holidays) of receiving fee assistance coupon code.
Please keep this timeline in mind when you decide to submit your application. Exceptions will not be made and extensions will not be granted.
Fee Assistance Qualification Requirements
To qualify for the PA-CAT Fee Assistance Program, you must complete and submit the following forms and documents:
- Complete the PA-CAT Fee Assistance Program Application Form online. Click here to access the form.
- 2022 Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 or 1040A:
- The applicant must have filed a 2022 Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 or 1040A with an adjusted gross income that falls below the Low-Income Level listed below and submit a PDF copy of the complete tax return to email@example.com
- The applicant must be listed as a dependent on a parent/guardian filed Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 or 1040A with an adjusted gross income that falls below the Low-Income Level listed below. If applicant was claimed as a dependent of parent/guardian’s tax return, they need to provide 2022 Federal Income Tax Return of parent/guardian.
Income Guidelines for fee assistance applications submitted in 2023:
Person in family/household* Maximum Income Level**
For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $10,280 for each additional person.
*Persons in family/household as reflected on Federal Income Tax Return Form 1040 or 1040A.
**The low-income level is based on 200% of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services poverty guidelines. It is used to determine what constitutes a low-income family for the purposes of the SDS (Scholarships for Disadvantaged Students) and LDS (Loans for Disadvantaged Students) programs. Exam Master follows these guidelines for their fee waiver program.